My days at UCL

Sunday 4 October 2015

One week on here at UCL and I'm just about hanging in there you could say! Every day I'm getting stronger and stronger and I'm not letting anything stop that! Since I last blogged, they've still decided for me not to have TPN (YAY!) and to crack on using the JEC. I'm still waiting to see the surgeons however they've now decided for me to have my op for my new JEC done locally because the waiting list here is 4 weeks as an inpatient...sod that! I should hopefully have the botox for the opening of my intestine done either the end of this week, or the beginning of the next week. I have to have this done every three months now which sucks big time as I hate having endoscopes with a passion. The botox they use is the same botox people have put in their face which I think is quite funny! I had the lignicaine infusion last Friday, and if you haven't read my last blog, this is an infusion which has anaesthetic in it to help chronic pain. The first couple of days I didn't notice anything different but then on the third day I noticed that my background pain had reduced ever so slightly, and when your living with chronic pain every little helps! So I now have to have this done every three months as it doesn't last forever. I've also been seeing the physio who are helping me with my legs. I have terrible de-conditioning muscles due to being in and out of hospitals for the last two years. They are wanting to send me on a three week in patient rehabilitation in London, but for that I need to be strong enough to get through it. So in the mean time, I have to have physio. I cannot wait to be strong again, I truly believe that people take their own bodies for granted, because you really don't now what's around the corner! Ever since I've been poorly I think to myself that I've just got to keep going and that I will be strong again to do the things I love! You've just got to keep your chin up and whatever is thrown in your face you've just got to keep trooping on! There's so many things I want to do now, which maybe before all this happened I wouldn't of ever have thought of doing before? Like people say things happen for a reason, even though this one is a rubbish thing to be put through! I want to travel the world, see whats out there, walk the Great Wall of China, drive down from Seattle to LA, go to Niagara Falls, volunteer in another country to help people's lives, the list goes on and on! I truly believe that in hard situations you must have dreams, dreams that will drive you forward and keep you going, evan if its a small thing as simple as making it to the beach one weekend or seeing a friend! Anything that will make you smile. Because smiling is definitely a form of medicine! Picture below is of my lovely brother Matt, (...typical face of his) coming to visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |