5 Weeks Later...Home, Sweet Home.

Monday 2 May 2016

There really is nothing better than your own bed...especially after being in a rock hard, boring, cold hospital bed! I've been home now for a week one, just over and it wouldn't feel more like bliss. I was in hospital for nearly 5 weeks...so when they said I could go home, I didn't hang around that was for sure! Even though I'm home, I am home with the TPN which I have nurses came around twice a day. Once in the afternoon to connect me up, and again in the morning to disconnect...bit of a bore, but I've just got to think its only temporary and then its done...and I'm holding the doctors to that too!

Before I was discharged I saw the surgeons who have told me the plan. Firstly, after 2-3 months on TPN and my weight is higher then they can go ahead with the surgery. Firstly, they want to put another JEC in (feeding tube directly into my intestine). I've had one before which I had for just over year and half, but then is become dislodged and fell out and and this was the start of this story! Also they need to take another chunk of my intestine for a biopsy as they last one they took came back abnormal. Lastly, not sure if you've read any of my previous blogs before, but I have mentioned about having dilations of my pylorus as the nerves around this area have died causing this section (opening into the intestine) to be closed and very tight. Causing oral foods great difficulty getting through and a lot of nausea. However after having another endoscopy while I was in, they found it had got really bad again and dilated it again. Making it in total 5 dilations and 2 botoxs in the past 5 months. So they have now decided they want to do a permanent solution to this. This will make it permanently open and I won't have to have dilations anymore! ...yaya...they're so horrible. So its turning out to be quite a big op, but all these things need to be done and they will make things slightly bit better. I haven't got a date through yet but I'm seeing the consultant in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping they'll book the op then.

who says you must rest when you come out of hospital, because I for sure haven't been sticking to that really! ...oops. Well...to a degree, Ed has just brought a new apartment which he moved into when I was unfortunately in hospital, so now I'm out we've been putting that little homely touch to the place.

Hope everyones had a good bank holiday weekend, and I'll keep you all up to date when I know more!

Today's picture is shortly after coming around from sedation after having a anther dilation and I get a camera forced in my face by brother Matt and boyfriend Ed...say cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |