Support is Priceless

Tuesday 7 July 2015

I thought it was about time I wrote a post about support. Without this support the last year and half would have been extremely tough. I'm going to start with of course, the most amazing family I have. They've been through everything with me especially my parents. I just couldn't even think getting through anything without them. All those times I've been in hospital and my mum would come and see me every day and be by my side, saying everything will be ok and that I will go home soon because for anyone of you who know me well, know that I hate being admitted into hospitals...well, who does?! I just feel like I'm trapped there and I can't get out. I know a big reason for this feeling is that when I was in East Surrey Hospital last year for 6 weeks, there were moments when all I wanted to do was is to go was home, again it happened when I was in UCL Hospital in London at the beginning of this year for 5 weeks. I remember one evening there, when I refused to go back to the ward because the thought of another night was just too hard but, with the support from Ed my boyfriend that night I did go back and I did keep going. This brings me onto my second amazing support guru. Ed, what an amazing chap he is. He's been there through it all with me and I'm so lucky to have him. He would do anything for me, those days when I'm struggling he would be there in a flash to give me a big hug and tell me everything would be ok. He's seen me at some of my worst times, unable to talk, laying there in a hospital bed so poorly, and he would be handing my hand, stroking my head and telling me everything would be ok. Again, I just don't know what I would do without him he's one in a million and I know he would say he isn't, but ed you are! and I love you very much. Next its all those special friends, there are those ones I've known for years who are simply irreplaceable and are always there for me, and then there are new ones I've met when being in hospital. We all have similar conditions but are all so unique, we all help each other and are all so willing to be there for each other on those days when we are really struggling. Even though everyone knows how you feel, friends who are in a similar boat know exactly how you feel because they've been through a similar experience. There are a couple of really close ones who are absolutely amazing, and really are inspiring. Nickie and Michelle...sorry to name and shame you girlies! We met in January on T9 at UCL Hospital in London. It's rare you meet such lovely people in those situations but one good thing that came out of that horrible hospital stay was meeting these two! Their stories are ones that make you realise how incredibly brave they are, and they always help me get through so many hard times since then. Since writing this post I've realised I've written a lot, that people have told me 'everything will be ok' because even at the hardest of times everything is ok, however long it takes you've just got to keep going and being as brave as you can! If you're as lucky as I am to have support like this, never take it for granted and if your a well bunny then never let a day go past, when you don't give those amazing family and friends a hug! I believe that love has power over people and you should show this as much as you can. Keep smiling and lastly, it's all about your thinking - if you're positive and believe you can do something then you'll be able to take that first step and get through anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |