Another one to add to the list

Wednesday 29 July 2015

I feel at the moment all my posts are about recent consultations?! So many at the moment. I do apologise! Last Thursday I had a hypermobility consultation at UCL hospital in London. This was to do more with my bones and muscles, and for once my poorly tummy didn't have to be painfully prodded around with! After many months of being in and out of hospitals my muscles have become deconditioned, basically they have vanished...literally none existent. They've got so bad that they have become very painful, especially at night and the way I describe it is it feels like I've got something crawling around inside my muscles...does that sound weird? Well its true! Im also very weak and daily chores are sometimes very difficult for me. I have recently started seeing a Personal Trainer to help strengthen my legs again however, this consultant decided that I have to go and have a 3 week inpatient rehabilitation. How do I feel about this? Well...it needs to be done and if I want to get stronger I have to go through this. I am aloud home at the weekends so its not too bad. She also said I just fall into the category of having Hypermobility Syndrome. This is quite a common condition, and it means I'm a bit flexible but with some people it can be quite extreme and they can dislocate bones in and out of their joints. At the moment so much is going on and I almost can't keep up with it all! But, with the help and support from everyone around me, they are the ones who keep me going! I really don't know what I would do without them, and they really are amazing! I must keep my chin up, and always stay positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |