...I'm back, with a new me too!

Thursday 8 June 2017

So where do I begin... firstly, I need a slap on the back of my wrists for being the wholes worst blogger recently! But onwards and upwards and all that jazz and I'm back people so do not worry! To be honest, I don't know where to start its been so long!

I shall take you back to end of last year, yes...thats how long ago its been! Where I had surgery on my pylorus, the opening to my intestine. The nerves had died around that area and they needed to open me up and stitch it open. This was stopping me from eating and caused horrible sickness. The op went well and I spent two nights in intensive care. Which I must comment on, the care in there was incredible! To be honest I can't remember much of it as I was very poorly and hooked up to extremely strong painkillers...morphine on tap to be honest! I then moved onto the gastro surgical ward where  I spent a following ten days. It was probably one of the toughest few days of my life recovering from this op, mentally and physically. Especially as I had so many tubes and wires to deal with too! I remember one night I looked up above me and I had ten tubes/wires/drips going into me! But day by day I got better and better and the surgery was a success. Also at that time I was on TPN, which I hated I must say! This is when you're fed by a drip into your blood scream as I couldn't eat orally and missed out my whole digestive system. While I was having surgery they also put another JEC into my intestine. My third one must I add! This is a feeding tube going directly into my jejunum. This meant I was slowly weened off the TPN and went put back onto the JEC feed. This was a lot less sterile and no more nurses coming around to my house everyday (yayyy!) as i can do this feed all by myself! However this was just to help me maintain my weight because the op was a success and i could eat a few bits and bobs too again! result! I wanted to keep this sweet and short because it was such a long time ago now, and all in the past for me! But below are some photos from those few days which mean a lot to me as a picture can say a thousand words!
Day 2 in Intensive Care with the nicest, most caring nurse who was my right hand!


First cuppa tea in days due to being nil my mouth! it was the best cup of tea ever! You can't beat it!


Day 6, I was aloud my first bit of food and was aloud an ice lolly...again, this was bliss!


And it was gone!

Now enough of that not so nice time of my life and onto this lovely day! Ask you can imagine a lot has happened and changed since last year to say the least! But all for the good though! Ive had many appointments up in London, seeing different consultants for different things. I've been doing well, I've had my bad days with pain etc but at the moment I feel I'm in a good place! Also, I was taken a huge step in the right direction and made a huge step and  I am now not even on my JEC feed! Yes you did read that right! This was my own decision, and some people probably don't agree with me but I am determined to prove to them I can do it. In January I went away to Switzerland and while I was out there I just thought I've got to change. Yes, I wasn't on the feed down to my own choice but I needed all the help back then. I am now trying to take in my energy orally. Yep, thats right guys...orrrrraaallllyyyy! Because who really wants a life being stuck to a tube every night! err no thank you, not me! Even with intestine failure I still feel I can do this and eat orally and don't have to rely on a feed! because life's too short and I want to go out there and enjoy as much as possible and enjoy, food again and be happy! Is that so hard to ask for? Because dealing with the feed was starting to also get me down a bit and just felt it was becoming a negative. Especially as my weight was so low! Something had to change. This hasn't been a walk in the park though I must say especially after three years of not really eating my body needed re-training! Its been so hard, and at times I've felt like taking the easy way out and going back on the feed but then the thought of no life again soon put a stop to that. My weight has been very low in the transition but i'm slowly getting there and i'm so determined to do this!!! However being on food again does causes more pain and sickness due to my intestine failure but thats not going to stop this girlie! 

I've also found out I have a problem with gluten now, just to add to the list! So I am now on a gluten free diet. Yes this does suck a bit, as puts a stop to a few things but theres so many alternatives out there these days that it has been ok. Sorry cake is still on the menu! Also so many restaurants and cafes have gluten free options now which is great. I'm going to start writing more about gluten free foods etc in my blog and maybe even some recipes? Not sure what you think of that idea? And would be great to hear your feedback on this idea. But I've felt, even though gluten free is a huge thing at the moment, I feel poorly people who don't have a choice, needs some more help choosing whats good out there and whats not! 

Anyway, I'll keep this blog on the shorter side today as I don't want to bore you! But be sure to look out for my blogs about recipes and my oral intake now too! Watch out world, I'm coming for you!!!

Also, don't forget I have an Instagram account of my day to day life of being poorly and everything that goes on! (eloise.fight). I've also started uploading my intake of food, and what I'm eating, because I know you really want to know that too! cough cough...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |