Bumpy roads make you stronger.

Tuesday 2 June 2015

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I apologies for the lack of blogging! I'll take you back to a few weeks ago when my JEC was on its 4th infection and the antibiotics were no longer helping, or should i say not killing the alien inside me! I was informed that I had to be admitted into UCL London hospital. I become almost scared to check my emails, because I knew that one would be from the doctors! That is definitely one thing I would say I hate the most, is knowing your going to be admitted and just waiting for the date. While we're on this subject I also hate that feeling of being stuck there, it just freaks me out every time but I just have to think to myself I've just got to stay positive! If you've ever been in this position, then you know exactly what I mean! After a couple of days I had received the date of my admission. Also, I was informed that I had to have an NJ put in (a tube down my poor nose into a part of my intestine for nutrition...yes, this is not very nice). I've had one before last year when I was really poorly in hospital before the JEC was inserted. After many long chats over cups of tea with family and friends, we had decided that I didn't need the NJ and I wanted to try and maintain my nutrition orally, because I've had so many tubes everywhere for after a long year now. One reason why I didn't want one, is because I just want to look a bit normal and feel like I fit in. A second reason is that I've been trying so hard to have things orally. I know i'm still at the beginning of the road, and I'm not aloud certain foods or evan think about touching anything solid however you know, pureed foods and supplemental nutrition drinks aren't too bad once you get used them. I just want to prove to the consultants and everyone that I can do it. I know my body is still not great, but I'm trying my best to get on with it and is by having a tube down my nose going to help this? no. I don't need it. Good bye to tubes is what I can!

Yesterday, I had an appointment at The Royal London Hospital for Neurology at Queens Square for my POTs (Postural Tachycardia Syndrome). They have started me on a medication to try and help this condition, as well as a steroid I'm already on but hasn't been successful yet. I will do a separate blog soon talking about this condition because not many people know much about it, and I feel people should. I'm lucky I have met some lovely ladies while being in hospitals, who have similar conditions, and they have been so amazing telling me about everything I need to know, so now I want to share this with people out there who might be struggling with this. One thing I can tell you now is that you must never let it beat you and to always keep your chin up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |